THE PUPIL PREMIUM GRANT AND FREE SCHOOL MEALS
This school is committed to closing the attainment gap between disadvantaged students and their peers, our educational aims are the same for all. Evidence demonstrates that great teaching and careful planning can make a huge impact on the outcomes of students in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant. At NSG we are committed to:
- making our broad and ambitious curriculum accessible to every student.
- ensuring all subject staff know their students well, providing high quality teaching and learning provision to meet the needs of students whatever their prior attainment.
- implementing additional support and intervention where necessary to assist students in closing the gaps in their learning.
- working closely with parents and carers to keep them informed of their daughters progress.
Claiming Free School Meals
In England in 2020, children in state-funded schools were entitled to receive free school meals if a parent or carer were in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they were not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and had an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits)
Children in nursery schools are eligible if they meet the criteria and attend for full days. Pupils are still eligible for free school meals in school in sixth form, but not sixth form college or further education.
If a child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Information for Northamptonshire Free School Meals Applications can be found by clicking here.
For the duration of the entitlement to Free School Meals, students receive full financial assistance with cookery and design curriculum costs. Parents are also welcome to apply for financial assistance towards other school activities and resources by completing a Financial Assistance form. A maximum level of financial support will be awarded per eligible student in a single academic year as outlined in the form.
We would like to make it as easy as possible for parents or guardians with disabilities to access school information as well as the school site. If any disabled parent or guardian would like to discuss their needs please contact one of the SENDCo’s
PARENT SUPPORT ADVISER
Should you need support with completing your Free School Meal Application or Financial Assistance Forms please feel free to contact our parent support worker Lizanne Hudson at LHudson@nsg.northants.sch.uk
Homework Club runs after school each day from 3.30pm to 5.00pm in the Oak building. Homework Club is a free provision and is designed to provide support to students to meet the schools homework expectations. For more information please contact either Julia Bradshaw (ELM) or Rosie Mullins (OAK) from the Pastoral Mentor team JBradshaw@nsg.northants.sch.uk or RMullins@nsg.northants.sch.uk
GIFTED AND TALENTED PROVISION
The Department for Education (DfE) distinguishes between gifted learners and talented students:
- Gifted learners are those who have particular academic abilities;
- Talented learners are those who have particular abilities in the creative arts (such as music, art and design, drama, dance) or PE.
NSG is dedicated to developing the provision for both gifted and talented students across the school This work is led by Ms Lucas (AGT Co-ordinator) and supported by Mrs Fowler (Oxbridge Facilitator) For more information about how we support both of these types of learners please contact them on PLucas@nsg.northants.sch.uk and LFowler@nsg.northants,sch.uk