Special Education Needs
This school is committed to providing equality of access for all students to a broad and balanced curriculum. The educational aims for students with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) are the same as those for ALL students. We will:
- make the curriculum as accessible as possible to meet the individual needs of each pupil.
- ensure all staff are aware of the different types of needs faced by our students, so that suitable provision can be made in their subject areas.
- implement additional support and intervention where necessary to assist students in overcoming learning difficulties.
- work closely with parents and carers and keep them informed of their child’s progress and the support in place for the daughter
SEND is divided up into four main areas of need.
- Cognition and Learning – including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and other Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Speech, Language and Communication – including verbal processing difficulties and selective mutism.
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health – including Autistic Spectrum Disorders and other social communication difficulties.
- Sensory and Physical Difficulties – including visual and auditory impairments and varying levels of physical need.
Our team of Teaching Assistants provide support in the classroom and focused intervention to small groups and individuals in the Blue Lagoon, our dedicated SEND area. For further information please read our SEND Policy and Accessibility Plan and our SEND Information Report.
Janice Tyne ( Skills SENDCo) firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to make it as easy as possible for parents or guardians with disabilities to access school information as well as the school site.If any disabled parent or guardian would like to discuss their needs please contact our SENDCo above.