Studying at The Sixth Form provides students with the opportunity to develop their own interests by concentrating on and studying in-depth the subjects they enjoy.
Learning at this level involves greater contribution from the students, with smaller teaching groups allowing full participation in lively and interesting discussions about the topics being studied. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own work within a secure framework of support, encouragement and guidance from their subject teachers and tutors. Student programmes of study are designed to enable maximum progress, with three different pathways available: offering BTEC only, BTEC and A Level or A Level only study. We offer a wide range of subjects and pride ourselves on preparing students well for their life after NSG.
The emphasis at The Sixth Form is on providing tailored support and ensuring that each individual student achieves their full potential. We aim to enable you to:
- achieve highly and challenge the way you think
- develop leadership skills
- learn new skills in a supportive environment
- develop your confidence and celebrate your success
- become independent learners and take ownership of your education
- experience new activities and improve existing talents