Studying at NSG6 provides students with the opportunity to develop their own interests by concentrating on and studying in-depth the subjects they enjoy.
Learning at this level involves greater contribution from the students, with smaller teaching groups allowing full participation in lively and interesting discussions about the topics being studied. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own work within a secure framework of support, encouragement and guidance from their subject teachers and tutors. Student programmes of study are designed to enable maximum progress, with three different pathways available: offering BTec only, Btec and A Level or A Level only study. We offer a wide range of subjects and pride ourselves on preparing students well for their life after NSG.
The emphasis at NSG6 is on providing tailored support and ensuring that each individual student achieves their full potential. We aim to enable you to:
- Tutor/s who they see on a daily basis
- Subject-based mentoring
- Director of Sixth Form - Mrs Green
- Heads of Year - Mrs Loughney and Mr Wynn
- Claire (Sixth Form Learning Mentor) and Mrs Kopecky (Sixth Form Librarian) who are available throughout the day
- Students can also speak to Bev and Val in Sixth Form Student Services if they have any issues and concerns