Employee Assist Programme
What is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
An EAP is a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
Our EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues. We strongly believe in providing an EAP service that offers not only reactive support when someone needs it but also proactive and preventative support to deliver the best possible outcomes.
At Health Assured we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of service quality, assured through the calibre of people we employ and our exceptional clinical governance infrastructure.
With Health Assured there really is a better way
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Work is a large part of people’s lives. With increasing working hours as well as technological developments to support remote working, it is vital to ensure that there's a productive, healthy environment that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured, in partnership with Northampton School for Girls, provides all employees with complimentary access to an enhanced Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to assist you in achieving this balance.
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Life support: Unlimited access to counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling at your convenience.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
- CBT online: We recognise the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, which is why we have a range of CBT self-help modules, informative factsheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors.
*Health Assured define dependants as immediate family members (spouse/partners) and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.
NSG offers this service to all employees. Please contact the HR Manager for access details.