Bus Information 2023-2024
The transport industry has been affected by a variety of factors over recent years which have extensively increased their costs, which means that the overall costs of the school transport provision have increased significantly for September 2023.
In light of this increase, we are pleased to confirm that the Governing Body approved a total bus subsidy of over £80,500. This is an increase to the subsidy provided by the School in the previous years. You will appreciate that this is a significant sum of money for us to commit as a school at a time when we are also feeling budgeting pressures. We believe this commitment recognises that these are very challenging financial times for families too. However, despite the additional subsidy from the school there will be an overall increase in the costs of transport to families of 8.5% this year.
Whilst we know that any increase has an impact on household budgets, we hope this additional subsidy increase will help to mitigate some of the increase in costs to the bus fare.
Bus Routes 2023/2024
All existing buses departing school at 3:45pm remain the same. These are as follows:
- N1 – North Route – Brixworth, Kingsthorpe, Moulton, Overstone Gate
- N2 – South Route – Wootton, East Hunsbury, West Hunsbury, Far Cotton, Billing Road
- N3 – East Route – Billing, Ecton Brook, Ecton, Blackthorn, Rectory Farm, Southfields, Lings, Northampton College
- N4 – West Route – Duston, Weedon Road
- N5 – Central Route – Harlestone Road, Kings Heath, Spencer, Town Centre
- N6 – Express Route – Hunsbury Meadows, Upton, St Crispin, Hopping Hill
- N7 – Villages Route – Roade, Blisworth, Milton Malsor, Collingtree, Grange Park, Wootton Fields, Hackleton, Horton, Great Houghton
Maps of each route, with stopping points, cost and times are detailed below.
Late Bus Service
Unfortunately, in order to minimise the overall cost increase for the transport, we have taken the very difficult decision to make some changes to the late bus service departing school at 5:00pm. From September 2023, we will only be operating late bus services on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The late bus services will no longer be available on Thursdays and Fridays.
The information outlined below provides the details of the locations that will be served by the two late buses that will be in operation from September 2023.
- 5:00pm Bus 1 : Moulton, Kingsthorpe, Kings Heath, Duston, St Crispins, Banbury Lane, Camp Hill, West Hunsbury, East Hunsbury, Grange Park, Wootton and Wootton Fields
- 5:00pm Bus 2 : Boothville, Blackthorn, Ecton Brook, Bellinge, Little Billing, Standens Barn, Billing Road, Mounts, Spencer Bridge, Briar Hill, Far Cotton, London Road
This means that we will no longer be able to provide a late bus service to the following areas: Collingtree, Milton Malsor, Blisworth, Roade, Hackleton, Horton, Brixworth and Ecton Village.
Applying for a place on the school bus
If you would like to apply for a place on the school bus, please click here by midday on 17 July 2023. You will need to complete a new form for each child wishing to travel on a school bus. Priority will be given to existing students, and applications received after 17 July 2023 will be placed on a waiting list if your chosen route is full. A deposit of £100 must be paid through your ParentPay account by 31 July 2023 to secure your place.
Free School Meals or Pupil Premium Funding
Financial support is available to students eligible for Free School Meals or Pupil Premium Funding. To apply for this or for additional information, please email the finance office at email@example.com or contact main reception on 01604 679551 and ask to speak with a member of the Finance team
Late Bus Routes:
Late Bus 1
Late Bus 2