THE PUPIL PREMIUM GRANT AND FREE SCHOOL MEALS
This school is committed to closing the attainment gap between disadvantaged students and their peers, our educational aims are the same for all. Evidence demonstrates that great teaching and careful planning can make a huge impact on the outcomes of students in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant. At NSG we are committed to:
- making our broad and ambitious curriculum accessible to every student.
- ensuring all subject staff know their students well, providing high quality teaching and learning provision to meet the needs of students whatever their prior attainment.
- implementing additional support and intervention where necessary to assist students in closing the gaps in their learning.
- working closely with parents and carers to keep them informed of their daughters progress.
Claiming Free School Meals
If you receive any of the following support benefits you may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pensions Credit
- Child Tax Credit as long as you have a yearly income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and you do not get Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (from April 2018) this will be subject to an earnings cap)
Information for Northamptonshire Free School Meals Applications can be found by clicking here.
For the duration of the entitlement to Free School Meals, students receive full financial assistance with cookery and design curriculum costs. Parents are also welcome to apply for financial assistance towards other school activities and resources by completing a Financial Assistance form. A maximum level of financial support will be awarded per eligible student in a single academic year as outlined in the form. (LINK IN HERE PLEASE).
We would like to make it as easy as possible for parents or guardians with disabilities to access school information as well as the school site. If any disabled parent or guardian would like to discuss their needs please contact one of the SENDCo’s